High flow air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, I installed my afe intake over the weekend, and finally got to drive a bit today. I think the intake is too loud. So, I am going to install the factory intake, and just put in a high flow filter. So which one is the best?

Thansk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running an AEM DryFlow for almost two years. I think AEM is owned by K&N now, but this particular filter is NOT the traditional oiled element K&N is known for. I opened up the filter box a few months back after about 18 months of use to clean and inspect and was absolutely (and unexpectedly) impressed by how clean the tubing was downstream of the filter. I couldn't tell where I rubbed my finger.

Years back, I recall someone testing a bunch of the popular elements in a well-controlled experiment. The DryFlow showed no notable restriction yet trapped a significant amount of particles over the others. Of course, I don't recall specific numbers, but there was a distinct difference.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled my K&N a few months back and put in the factory high capacity air filter, 15908915, an original, not an updated part number. Is it better or worse? I have no idea really. Truck runs fine and is getting good gas mileage.

Since the 1980s, every car owned has gotten a K&N and never had problems with them and the computer sensors. I am also a big fan of following the designer's intent, and so that explains the factory high capacity air filter.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
townsa12

Latest posts