HID to Halogen conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kwayatron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for advice on installing halogen lights on a 2016 Tahoe that was originally equipped with HID. There are a lot of aftermarket options but they all state that they're not compatible with HID equipped vehicles. What will it take to make these work? I bought the vehicle with no lights at all and I am not interested in spending $1,000+ to buy factory HID housings. I will likely end up fabricating a complete front clip for this vehicle and might just use some aftermarket universal type lights or pods. Can I just pull a 12-volt signal from the factory wiring and the circuit work properly? Does the computer need some sort of feedback from the factory HIDs for the switch to function?

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would think you could get an hid kit for a couple hundred that would work with the can-bus. may try the retrofit source for some research.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9