Hi friendzzz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twol8uluz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I guess this is where I tell you about myself, my ride and then throw in a noob question and everyone tells me to use the search function . Soo here we go....

I'm from Michigan metro Detroit area, work at the GM tech center and just picked up a 2018 Tahoe. I'm looking at doing a 2/4 drop using the belltech kit. It's just an ls so I don't have to worry about magride or air suspension.

Also I'm looking at doing a seat swap to leather with captains chairs in the 2nd row. Trying to do research to find out what fits, what don't, does it matter if the new seats have options that I don't (like heated/cooled, lane departure rumble, memory etc.) I'm sure there has to be a pinned thread on here somewhere, I just haven't found it yet. Sorry about the long post. Good to be here (so far.... ) and thanks in advance for any advice. 20210527_110502.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. I think I saw another post by you looking for "black leather" in Michigan. Almost forgot, "use the search function".

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Welcome.

Do some research to know which models will be compatible with the passenger presence sensor built into the RF seat. I got into a protracted research and parts hunt with mine because someone previously swapped seats and the sensor in the seat wasn’t compatible with the airbag computer. The SRS system runs through a self check every startup to confirm the presence of all components and if they are the right version.

If you’d only used the search function, you’d have found that out by 2032 at the latest.

There is a company in Cali who specializes in seats, although their name escapes me at this moment.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Rusty! Nice Tahoe!

OP
OP
Twol8uluz

Twol8uluz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've since sourced some 2nd row captains chairs near me for $600. Debating on whether that's a decent price for used seats. I've definitely used the search function, and to say it's alot of reading and overwhelming to to go through all of it would be an understatement, but I'm slowly getting more familiar with it all. Also, to do the 2/4 drop with the free travel mod, im still curious on how ppl are mounting the new bump stop. I've seen ppl cutting the section out but nothing saying how they're mounting it.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've since sourced some 2nd row captains chairs near me for $600. Debating on whether that's a decent price for used seats. I've definitely used the search function, and to say it's alot of reading and overwhelming to to go through all of it would be an understatement, but I'm slowly getting more familiar with it all. Also, to do the 2/4 drop with the free travel mod, im still curious on how ppl are mounting the new bump stop. I've seen ppl cutting the section out but nothing saying how they're mounting it.
$600 isn’t a bad price for seats. You can sell the old ones to recoup some of the cost as well. I believe they need to be from a vehicle with the same wheel base so they would have to be from a Tahoe or Yukon, not a Suburban or a Yukon XL.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne