"Hey Siri" question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

callmebob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my new Tahoe is due in in about two weeks. I know that I can use Hey Google to use the built in Google Maps, temp changes, etc.... My question is, if I'm using Carplay, can I use Hey Siri for hands free usage such as making calls, or changing songs with Apple Music or do I need to push a button on the Infotainment Screen? Is there a button on the steering wheel? I'm just not clear on all of this. Thank you in advance.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah…Hey Siri works fine with CarPlay either wired or wirelessly in the vehicle.

OP
OP
C

callmebob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. One other question. If I'm in Carplay, will Hey Google work at the same time for things like Temp Adjustment or voice control items that Hey Siri can't control?

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. One other question. If I'm in Carplay, will Hey Google work at the same time for things like Temp Adjustment or voice control items that Hey Siri can't control?
Hopefully someone with a ‘22 chimes in as I’m not sure.

I’ve got a ‘21 which doesn’t have the Google built in stuff.

jimgeb

Reaction score
When I'm using CarPlay on my 2022 Premier, "Hey Google" still responds.