Hey Folks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TSP did tell me the reason for 0 degree lockout is due to the heavy springs, and not being able to control the timing properly like you said. Seems strange to me, as RB26 engines utilize VVT, as do a lot of high performance engines. Anyway, it’s got the lock in now and is back together.

It’s running, not tuned yet, but running. Should have a tube in a day or so.

But wow the electrical gremlins now…

No power steering.
Infotainment screen won’t shut off and is black but backlit, and killed the battery overnight.
Christmas tree of warnings…

Double and triple checked all the grounds… pulled the infotainment fuse tonight to let it charge… fried my multimeter checking for dc amp draw… headaches… just when I thought I seen the light lol

Any ideas what is causing the electrical problems? Battery was undone for about a month now… about all I can figure is take it to a shop and have it cleared with the snap on scanner and update the infotainment… hope for the best
My guess is that battery has an internal fault or low voltage. These trucks get all wonky if the battery isn't perfect. Once you get it charged, unhook it for a minute, hook it back up and try again. If that doesn't do it, then I'd try a new battery.

OP
OP
TorqueInd

TorqueInd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My guess is that battery has an internal fault or low voltage. These trucks get all wonky if the battery isn't perfect. Once you get it charged, unhook it for a minute, hook it back up and try again. If that doesn't do it, then I'd try a new battery.
Borrowed a snap on scanner from a shop owner, had 40+ body module codes. Did you guys know these things have 25 modules!? That’s 25 computers running these beasts… wow

Hate to admit it, but I missed a ground putting the car back together… right point blank in my face, right on the alternator bracket… was getting rushy close to the end I guess. Had the wire tucked down in the crossmember to keep it out of the way.

As silly as I feel, I’m glad it was a easy fix… now just waiting for the tune so I can take it for a drive!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Borrowed a snap on scanner from a shop owner, had 40+ body module codes. Did you guys know these things have 25 modules!? That’s 25 computers running these beasts… wow

Hate to admit it, but I missed a ground putting the car back together… right point blank in my face, right on the alternator bracket… was getting rushy close to the end I guess. Had the wire tucked down in the crossmember to keep it out of the way.

As silly as I feel, I’m glad it was a easy fix… now just waiting for the tune so I can take it for a drive!
Ain’t nothing silly about it. These trucks are electrically complicated, you did major surgery, and that’s an easy ground to miss. You also had the courage to come back and share what happened. Hats off!

OP
OP
TorqueInd

TorqueInd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well. Few weeks later now. Runs, drives, etc. Tuning is usable, but definitely was a struggle to get where it is now with the tuner. Also hearing crickets now for the re-tune after sending data logs. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the time to actually learn how to properly tune yet, but I have purchased a lifetime membership with HP academy, so I have the tools to learn, just not the time right now.

I did however learn there is a VVT capable cam option. Too little to late now unfortunately. Can’t recall the maker but I will find out if anyone is interested.

Overall it runs a bit lumpy. Goes pretty violently. Put a smile on the kids faces when I opened it up. Pretty impressive acceleration for a land yacht. See how it does with time but, it won’t fail from dod anymore so, that’s a win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts