Hesitation/stumbling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^I don't think it's related to the throttle body. For me it happens when the gas motor is off and I'm at slow speeds starting in pure electric mode.

I'm wondering if it could be related to a bad body control module (BCM). Yesterday my Tahoe wouldn't start. It had sat all night on the driveway and had been driven the day before with no issues. Lots of error codes when you put the key in the ignition like "Stabilitrack off". Dealer said it was a bad battery and BCM. Both have been repaired and the truck drove just fine on my way back to work (12 miles).

I'll post an update in a couple of months. Sooner if the hesitation rears its ugly head again.

Jaguar1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine, (an 08 Tahoe) has a jerk in the transmission at low speed switching from elec mode to engine, durring acceleration jerks pretty violently, Not a "just keep truckin" type incident.
From what i can tell its the Auxillary fluid pump control module. From what i have read it lubes the tranny when the engine isnt running. I am trying to find any good advise on replacing mine any thoughts or is it a dealer type of assult?
I did get some codes
C0898 Control module power and control circuit
CO899 Control Module Power Circuit/ low voltage
UO125 Lost Comm w/ Multi-Axis Acceleration Sensor Module

Last edited:

2010WhiteHoe

Reaction score
It's happened a couple of more times since my last post. Most recent incident was yesterday. This time my wife was in the truck so she got to experience it. Every time I've just turned the engine off and restarted and then no more hesitation. One of these days I'll drive straight to the dealer without restarting to see if they can figure it out.
I posted something similar to this last week dealing with a code P2135 throttle body sensor, but I seafoamed it and cleaned the throttle body with throttle body cleaner.

2010WhiteHoe

Reaction score
When was the last time any of you cleaned the throttle body? Pull it off and check the back side of the plate. Buy a throttle body cleaner at any parts store (probably should do this first). Cleaner is alcohol based do it'll dry on its own. I bet you'll notice a bunch of gunk on the back side of the throttle body plate. If it doesn't come off the cleaner on its own take an old toothbrush and scrub it off. Make sure you hold the throttle body in a way that the butterfly won't open or close for fear of damaging it. Once it is clean and air dry go ahead and put it back on and take the truck for a test drive to make sure this fixed the problem. This is one of the easiest fixes you can do for your truck.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
I was getting a p2135 code and did this above. No more codes! There is a video on youtube on how to clean the throttle body on the truck without messing up the computer and other crap. I also stuck some rags down the throttle body to soak up al the cleaner, but it will burn off without problems.

mtown27

Reaction score
Mine, (an 08 Tahoe) has a jerk in the transmission at low speed switching from elec mode to engine, durring acceleration jerks pretty violently, Not a "just keep truckin" type incident.
From what i can tell its the Auxillary fluid pump control module. From what i have read it lubes the tranny when the engine isnt running. I am trying to find any good advise on replacing mine any thoughts or is it a dealer type of assult?
I did get some codes
C0898 Control module power and control circuit
CO899 Control Module Power Circuit/ low voltage
UO125 Lost Comm w/ Multi-Axis Acceleration Sensor Module

I swapped my aux pump control module last year. It’s a big pain in the butt, but it can be done. It’s not a direct swap- Gotta solder the new pigtail to the main body harness, I believe 9 wires total. My truck would stall frequently during the summer, I guess the computer couldn’t handle the hot southern temps. I haven’t had a stalling problem since. I do think my transmission is on the way out, or the aux pump itself is dying. It just doesn’t have the smooth ride it did was 100,000 miles as it does at 195,000.

762095D7-EE69-4DBF-B3A0-C0D0A640FE6D.jpeg F31493EA-9878-4EFA-A1C1-03DAF0953151.jpeg 5197FD69-CE17-455E-9717-3E13F32570F4.jpeg 0C78813C-9D27-4C8A-8829-6D1353997673.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy