Hesitation/stumbling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night it happened for the second time since I bought the truck earlier this year. After starting the truck, I try to pull out of my parking spot like the many times I've done before. But this time the truck seems to hesitate/stumble as I hit the gas. The truck doesn't jerk back and forth but it's as if someone is opening and closing a circuit over and over while you hit the gas. The truck returns to normal when I turn it off and restart.

I think it's probably hybrid system related since it happens at <1 mph. I can already tell this will be a tough issue to solve since I can't replicate it on demand.

I had something somewhat similar happen to my old Nissan Murano that took 10000 miles to get the dealer to recognize it because the issue couldn't be easily replicated.

Anyone else run into this issue?

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is the same symptom that I wrote about in a previous thread...lve never tried restarting it though. I just trudge along!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmm, I can't say that I've had this issue.

What I have noticed though is that these trucks don't thrive in 100+ degree weather. Every once in a while the downshifts and upshifts in city traffic are a little rougher when the truck is trying to decide which gear to go with, especially if I've been driving for over an hour ... but no hesitation or stumble on my end.

OP
OP
G

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than those two incidents, my tranny has been pretty smooth. Only things that interrupt the smoothness are when going from full electric to hybrid mode and from V8 to V4 mode.

OP
OP
G

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's happened a couple of more times since my last post. Most recent incident was yesterday. This time my wife was in the truck so she got to experience it. Every time I've just turned the engine off and restarted and then no more hesitation. One of these days I'll drive straight to the dealer without restarting to see if they can figure it out.

eanmizell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it happens again, and u do take it to the dealer make sure u post about it please :) just incase there's a recall or something

Fletch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have expereienced the same problem. I bought my 2009 Tahoe Hybrid used about 6 months ago and the stumbling has happened 5 or 6 times. There's no rhyme or reason to it. It's done it in hot weather and in 65-75 degree weather. It's done it after parking on an incline and on a level surface. It's happened in forward and reverse gears. It never lasts more than 10 seconds (That's what she said!) so I don't bother turning off and restarting. Next time it goes in the shop I'll be asking the service technician if he's heard of the problem.

Twinturbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have experienced the same in my 08 Yukon. Both times the Yukon had been sitting for 3-4 days.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
When was the last time any of you cleaned the throttle body? Pull it off and check the back side of the plate. Buy a throttle body cleaner at any parts store (probably should do this first). Cleaner is alcohol based do it'll dry on its own. I bet you'll notice a bunch of gunk on the back side of the throttle body plate. If it doesn't come off the cleaner on its own take an old toothbrush and scrub it off. Make sure you hold the throttle body in a way that the butterfly won't open or close for fear of damaging it. Once it is clean and air dry go ahead and put it back on and take the truck for a test drive to make sure this fixed the problem. This is one of the easiest fixes you can do for your truck.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu