Here's one for ya!! Tire pressure low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJ Baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I don't have any canbus in my 05 5.3 but I do have the steering wheel controlled DIC if that makes any difference. Tire pressures are at 'Odometer', 'Trip A', 'Trip B', 'Tire Pressures'. And mine cycles through each tire as HiHoeSilver commented.

Somewhere I read that some aftermarket LED lighting can interfere with the TPMS radio signals? Seems unlikely to cause a low pressure reading though.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That may be true, or not, but I've had zero issues with TPMS since I had the LED backlighting done to my cluster about a year ago.

OP
OP
yukonfan

yukonfan

Reaction score
i just checked the tire pressure in all 4 tires and its good but still have warning

OP
OP
yukonfan

yukonfan

Reaction score
Can't you try relearning your sensors? If one doesn't learn, then its the one with the bad battery.

Seems like a simple first step to me...

so the question is, in the 04 yukon l it says tire pressure low? instead of bad sensor? My 08 silverado says the actual sensor is bad.

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 Tahoe currently doesnt have any sensors installed and it says service tire monitor.

I had one sensor that was on its way out before I put wheels and tires on it and I cant remember what it said.

I was just suggesting an easy check. Only 2 things I know of you can do on your own without a scanner. One is check pressures and the other is relearn. You've already done the first...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

EDIT: It did say that the tire was low when I had a flaky sensor. Found the picture on my phone and it said low tire pressure and the RF tire read 0 PSI.

Last edited:
OP
OP
yukonfan

yukonfan

Reaction score
My 05 Tahoe currently doesnt have any sensors installed and it says service tire monitor.

I had one sensor that was on its way out before I put wheels and tires on it and I cant remember what it said.

I was just suggesting an easy check. Only 2 things I know of you can do on your own without a scanner. One is check pressures and the other is relearn. You've already done the first...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

EDIT: It did say that the tire was low when I had a flaky sensor. Found the picture on my phone and it said low tire pressure and the RF tire read 0 PSI.
ill try the re-learn, thanks for the input

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2