Here We Go Again--Watch Out For Newbies Who Say They, Or Someone They Know Has What You Need

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Omg lol, no I haven't done anything against him yet. What are 16 1/2s?

Lol, exactly. Iirc they're like tractor rims. I just wanted to see if he'd answer me.
Adding some more useful info here.
16.5” wheels date back to 60’s and 70’s 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. They predate the 16” wheels we know now.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had 3 scam calls yesterday, and 1 was a woman! She asked my name--gave her some bs name--she said "no it's not" and hung up :(! That one hurt:oops:. I didn't get a chance to abuse her :mad:. Btw--she supposedly was US Border patrol and customs. Uh huh, yup.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I had 3 scam calls yesterday, and 1 was a woman! She asked my name--gave her some bs name--she said "no it's not" and hung up :(! That one hurt:oops:. I didn't get a chance to abuse her :mad:. Btw--she supposedly was US Border patrol and customs. Uh huh, yup.

Yeah...I always forget to waste their time and have fun with those people. I missed one call that actually said “potential spam” on my phone. So I called back and got a message straight away that said to “dial 1 to be removed from calling list.” Glad I called back!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always mess with the Car Warranty folks. I get them real excited by telling them that I have 2 cars I want to get a warranty for, then explain that they are a 1997 K1500 and a 2004 Grand Marquis. Without missing a beat they ask, "do you have anything newer than 2006?" to which I tell them nope! I always get hung up on after that.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I always forget to waste their time and have fun with those people. I missed one call that actually said “potential spam” on my phone. So I called back and got a message straight away that said to “dial 1 to be removed from calling list.” Glad I called back!
I hope you didn’t dial 1, that sends your phone number to 10,0000 more scammers just like them. It’s the opposite of removing you from the call list.:signs8:

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tell spam callers they are being recorded, and I charge $1500 per call, any further calls will be at this rate. Do you understand? Do you wish to continue? Don't get many spam calls anymore!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to enjoy these calls--I think they can tell too lol. I try to sound scared but it doesn't work.
One time I got a call saying that my Social Security number had been revoked due to fraudulent activity and I let out a big "hurray!" The guy was confused and I explained that if my SSN had been revoked I no longer had to have it deducted from my paycheck! He hung up promptly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons