Here’s My New Wrangler!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Congratulations to you!!!

Thank you for getting back to us, and now I feel like you are not really gone.

I wish you much joy and the best of outcomes with you new truck.
It’s hard to leave completely since everyone here is so awesome! I’ve poked my head in a couple times here and there, but have spent the majority of my internetting over at the Wrangler Forums getting to know the Wrangler better.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Nice! Post up some pics of it in use later!

Last night I figured out how to put it into 4LO, disconnect the electronic sway bar, engage the lockers and tested it out on a hill that’s very steep (picture doesn’t do it justice). I was shocked how easy it was to climb up AND over the hill! I tried the same hill with my Yukon and I couldn’t even make it up to where the passenger side rear tire is.

22146EE0-C748-4EA2-AD63-460F8D35E8BD.jpeg
37D25114-E200-42F5-83FF-853F004C846A.jpeg

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Yeah, all the fancy traction control wizardry in new vehicles does NOT perform as well as a real locker. Enjoy the toy!
First time for me ever owning a locker of any kind. I tried the hill (shown above) with AND without the electronic locker engaged. Without the locker engaged I couldn’t make it over the hill. I was very impressed by the locker.

Ultimately, it would be awesome to have ARB Air Lockers as they engage instantly (even at high speeds I believe). With the e-locker it takes a second or two to engage and at a much lower maximum speed.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Very nice indeed. More trail shots. Don't post all the good ones at the Wrangler Forums. If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost?

I will definitely keep you informed with trail pics! I want to show you all the crazy amount of articulation the thing has (once I find a good spot).

Base price for Unlimited (that’s the 4 door) Rubicon is $43k. Excitement got a hold of me a tad and my MSRP was $65k. ‍. Price I ended at was $61k. That doesn’t include lift kit, tires, and wheels. .

I’m selling my Yukon and a Renegade to help pay for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shawn7253