Here’s my Audio Setup, Let’s See Yours!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
That’s interesting. Didn’t know they were doing that. Show some pics if you do it!

Jesus_831

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks fir sharing guys, quick question as I am in the middle of doing my install do you think the oem gps aren’t can be used with the aftermarket radio? My Tahoe came with the Bose Nav system and currently adding a pioneer radio. I have the adapter just wasn’t sure if it would work. Any thoughts

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I’m unsure. Maybe someone will chime in. Perhaps you could call Crutchfield up (or email them) and they could provide you an answer.

Brooklyn hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It cant be used two different types of plugs at the end of the cable. You can use the location of the GPS if your trying to hide the one that comes from pioneer.

Jungle Jack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
While only starting on this, I did add an Alpine Halo 9 inch floating display last week. Adding a JL StealthBox hopefully by next week and might go ahead and do Focal separates at the same time.

Having CarPlay and sadly Bluetooth (2007 and all) really was a huge upgrade. Likewise, having a vastly improved nav/maps interface. With install and the kit for Bose/Onstar integration, it cost me $1000. Not having sales tax in Oregon is a blessed thing.E69D310D-D6FE-4125-8117-3817AAC9C82E.jpeg

Jungle Jack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't think I have taken a shot from the side but will post the other pic I have. Really low profile so it is hard to see much. Single DIN. It really looks unforgettable which is rad as the dash kit was good. That said, when I head out, I will take another picture. 2B886E49-5CBE-44BE-8F68-B76CBE19976A.jpeg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't think I have taken a shot from the side but will post the other pic I have. Really low profile so it is hard to see much. Single DIN. It really looks unforgettable which is rad as the dash kit was good. That said, when I head out, I will take another picture. View attachment 265757

Do you have issues with the AC vents blowing on it? My phone mount is near the AC vents and when I get out the phone screen fogs up pretty good. Of course you aren't taking the display out with you but I am curious if it fogs up after you stop and turn the AC off.

Jungle Jack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have issues with the AC vents blowing on it? My phone mount is near the AC vents and when I get out the phone screen fogs up pretty good. Of course you aren't taking the display out with you but I am curious if it fogs up after you stop and turn the AC off.

Good question. I need to take more pics as I think the perspective makes the distance closer.
I have not noticed any condensation but will look this morn.
Ditto taking side pics to show the floating display as this really was a killer upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01