Here’s my Audio Setup, Let’s See Yours!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome!

Didn’t even know these existed...

View attachment 261256

I thought about doing the sound proofing as well but was too lazy.

Great spot for the amps if I may say so!

What do you have going on under the center console?

Do you have a pic of the subs under your 3rd row? I didn’t think anything could even fit under there.

Yeah I saw those foam surrounds on a youtube video and figured what the hell. I almost skipped the sound deadening, but since I was gonna have the door panels off anyway I just pulled the trigger. I originally had a 5 channel amp under the center console, but that thing was trash and burned up after 5-6 months. Now I have the crossovers for the front speakers and the Pioneer DEQ-S1000A DSP under there. And the subs are just in a prefabbed downfiring box behind the 3rd row for now. Eventually I'm going to build a front firing custom box to go behind there.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Easy to remove the 2 subs and stick the banana plugs under the rear trim piece...

F3C60857-84D8-4672-85AA-11038C392B28.jpeg

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work! I bet that sounds amazing. I’ve always heard of the big bass competitions, but first I’ve heard of a sound quality competition. I’ll be doing some research on that...

I’ve been a sound quality competitor (with several big show wins)on manufacturers teams if I can help provide any info. I’ve always been into car audio going back to my dirty loud banging days.

In a nutshell it’s hearing music as the artist intended for it. You’ve got an entire soundstage on your dash and you can pick out where the different instruments are, where the vocals are coming from in true detail. I enjoy it and the math and science behind getting it right.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done guys! Lots of very cool setups and fabrication on here. The more we share, it helps the next guy kicking around what to do and ideas. Thanks for the post OP.

Brooklyn hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of adding a clarion equalizer just not sure of where to place it, any ideas would truly help.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Thinking of adding a clarion equalizer just not sure of where to place it, any ideas would truly help.

sorry...just saw this.
Something like this:

CD07F1BE-A7DC-407B-830B-AA76CD0591E6.jpeg

This one is only 1” tall. I wonder how it would look and feel in the knee bolster below the steering wheel and a little towards the passenger side?

Or maybe on the side of the center console?

I don’t think it’ll fit in the little space between center console and hvac controls on dash, but that might be a good spot.

On the headliner above you? Nah... probably not.

Just tossing ideas around.

Maybe in the center console? Probably not as you’d have to open the console up each time you’d adjust it.

Be interested to see where you place it...

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry...just saw this.
Something like this:

View attachment 262561

This one is only 1” tall. I wonder how it would look and feel in the knee bolster below the steering wheel and a little towards the passenger side?

Or maybe on the side of the center console?

I don’t think it’ll fit in the little space between center console and hvac controls on dash, but that might be a good spot.

On the headliner above you? Nah... probably not.

Just tossing ideas around.

Maybe in the center console? Probably not as you’d have to open the console up each time you’d adjust it.

Be interested to see where you place it...

If it were me, I'd buy a decent aftermarket head unit, which will already have everything that this Clarion offers as standard built-in features. Then you don't have to look for a space to install it. Various Kenwood and Pioneer head unit models offer these features as standard, and other brands do, as well.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Exactly right! My Kenwood has all the same features and I love it!

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about trying headliner speakers like the new Escalades are doing, as well as the Ram and F150's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288