HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NBSTAHOE

Reaction score
Ok.

I used a cigar on the brake booster hose to see if I could spot any leaks. There where none. All hoses are practically new and in Good shape. The sound is coming from TB. It’s a Holley Sniper EFI #860008-1. The noise is coming directly from that. But there aren’t any leaks anywhere. I’m confused. :(

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your evap code is for "large leak" which means the evap system is seeing no vacuum at all, your leak is definitely related to the evap system which connects after the throttle body; so you may be hearing it from the throttle body but I doubt that is the source.

Remove the evap plunger and start the engine, then plug the hole in the intake with your thumb and see if the leak goes away; if it does you will know that the plunger or the plastic line is damaged.

OP
OP
N

NBSTAHOE

Reaction score
Your evap code is for "large leak" which means the evap system is seeing no vacuum at all, your leak is definitely related to the evap system which connects after the throttle body; so you may be hearing it from the throttle body but I doubt that is the source.

Remove the evap plunger and start the engine, then plug the hole in the intake with your thumb and see if the leak goes away; if it does you will know that the plunger or the plastic line is damaged.
I’ve removed every single hardline and rubber hose checked for leaks. Didn’t spot any leaks. The sound only appears on first startup for a few seconds and then disappears after idle regulates. The sound is present when I give it gas, and when I’m downshifting coming to a complete stop. Sometimes at the stop it’ll surge up then back down. The idle is too high, and the noise is associated with the idle. Smoke didn’t detect a leak, and I visually didn’t detect any. New FelPro gaskets, IAC, TPS and again the TB Is a Holley Sniper EFI 860008-1. I’ve adjusted the TB screw to an ideal throttle and the noise will go away, it’s only present on start up, And acceleration. More notable with a cold start. The sound comes from the CAI. When you remove the CAI it comes from TB itself. Disconnect any sensor while the truck is running and it stalls. I’m lost.

OP
OP
N

NBSTAHOE

Reaction score
this is where I’m at. With IAC unplugged, no noise. When you plug the port, or connect IAC it makes THIS noise.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is air being drawn around the blade. Is there a minimum closed angle you need to set?
I only know what that is from my ford site. The older fords had a set screw to adjust the blades from closing too far and causing that. It was also used to some degree to set minimum TPS angle to achieve the correct voltage signal at idle or you get a poor idle quality. Read direction to see it there is anything you need to adjust.
Just for grins disconnect the tps and ever so slightly crack the throttle and see if it goes away.

Also is the tps adjustable on that unit?

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never mind i googled it, there os an adjustable throttle stop. Slowly turn it until the noise goes away. May have to play with the tune to get a good idle after that. The blade is too far shut and it's forcing air around it to stay running.

OP
OP
N

NBSTAHOE

Reaction score
I did call Holley. No help. When I adjust the idle screw the noise will go away, during idle, if I crack the throttle it returns. Crack the throttle with the IAC unplugged the noise goes away completely. So do I reset IAC somehow? Measure voltage of TPS, then adjust the throttle blade?