Help, yatesiepoo wants me to fly to cali from ny to buy a truck.

What do I do?

• A) keep my ‘13 tahoe lt

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • B) find a ‘14 low mile ‘burb ltz

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • C) find a ‘13 2500 ‘burb

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • D) buy a ‘17 or ‘18 yuk den xl

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • E) wait for nnnnbs ‘burb hoping they come with a 6/6.2 L

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my 2500 used with 106k miles in 2013. It now has 177k miles. I've paid for fluid changes and a purge valve solenoid I replaced myself ($23). Not even a brake job yet. This truck has logged over 20,000 miles towing trailers over 7,000 lbs, and I also drive it like I stole it.

Yes, I agree that the Yukons are fugly, but if I found a nice one at a good price, it wouldn't stop me from pulling the trigger. I'm a function over form kind of guy. That being said, I do think my Burb looks pretty badass.....;)
M8y6tbE.jpg

01FormulaTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I bought my 2016 Tahoe I thought about getting a 2013 Tahoe as 2013 was the last year before Direct Injection..With that said I have not heard of any issues with Direct Injection on the 5.3 or the 6.2.

@Miami-Dade
2014 was the last year before direct injection....the SUVs were a year behind the trucks so the 2014 SUVs all have Gen IV motors...

@Galante
I think the newer engines have been holding up well, the carbon build up on the valves on the Gen V motors has been way over blown...why not just find a clean 2015+ Burb? What bugs are you referring to specifically?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those 2WD trucks are no bueno! That other one has the ugliest wheels I ever did see! And spaced out too, probably like the previous owner! They're dreaming on the price anyways.

If I know Pete there's one option that's a must have on his list, RPO JL1. Interiors just don't look right without it for a rig that tows. The later 2500s come with them standard if memory serves.