Help with squeak after level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you are supposed to tighten all those things back up when you let the truck down and put the weight back on the vehicle. Possible you extended all the bushings and they didn't re-seat back in the right place. If you run out of things to check you may want to jack it back up, loosen anything you changed with a bushing, move it around a bit, lower it back down so it has all the weight on it, then torque to spec. Just another thought for you to try ...... Good luck.

OP
OP
Prospect62

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem solved, it was my passenger side rear spring. The upper rubber isolator went in crooked and I didn't notice it. It was wrapped up like a taco shell between the spring and the upper spring bucket (for lack of a better term).

Today I disconnected everything again, drooped the axle down and reseated the spring and insulator properly. All better.

Of course now I am fighting a TPMS issue. This truck is too new to be doing this crap to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu