Help with Pricing 2005 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Herms21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any updates on this? Did you strike a deal? That looks like an amazingly clean rig. And I guess you could say I’m partial to that color ;)
I actually backed out on this. Too much time had passed between being able to get together and purchase it and was still shopping in the meantime and have came across others that are either newer or less miles or both for the price that was being asked. Although it is a nice vehicle i felt the price was a bit too high and we couldn't come to an agreement.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s fair. Mine had 145k when I bought it. Needs a bit of paint help, but was way cleaner than anything else I’d found in awhile.

Vamoosa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I actually backed out on this. Too much time had passed between being able to get together and purchase it and was still shopping in the meantime and have came across others that are either newer or less miles or both for the price that was being asked. Although it is a nice vehicle i felt the price was a bit too high and we couldn't come to an agreement.
When I was looking for an SUV I noticed some of the 07-12 were little cheaper compared to the 99-06.That kind of scared me so I stuck with the 99-06 platform.I agree about the price but it is hard to find one that clean and low mileage.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was looking for an SUV I noticed some of the 07-12 were little cheaper compared to the 99-06.That kind of scared me so I stuck with the 99-06 platform.I agree about the price but it is hard to find one that clean and low mileage.

Interesting. I’ve been keeping an eye out for a Tahoe LTZ in that year range and everything I’ve seen has been at least $10k+

Vamoosa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting. I’ve been keeping an eye out for a Tahoe LTZ in that year range and everything I’ve seen has been at least $10k+
When I was searching for an SUV I really wasn't looking for just a Tahoe LTZ.Plus prices vary from state to state.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low mileage is nice, but is sometimes overrated.

We were buying a Nissan Altima from friends. Belonged to the friend's mother. Was an 01 with only 26k miles! No rust on the body and sounded great. Then, we got it on the lift...
The front main crossover beam, which supports the engine and front end was rusted right through! the rusted crossmember could technically been replaced, but it was going to cost a lot more than the car would be worth after the repair. Good thing it was friends as the seller, they took it back and donated to a charity for scrap.

I have had two vehicles (including the 04 Tahoe I daily drive now), that had 180k+ miles on them when I bought them. I have not regretted either purchase!

High mileage can sometimes mean more things to fix, but not always. Both high-mileage vehicles I bought had some key work already done on them, because they were actually driven. A lot!!! My mechanic buddy was actually impressed with both the 05 TJ Rubicon and the 04 Z71 Tahoe I came to have him inspect for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts