Help With Part Number Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kadrovik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. I have a 2018 Tahoe with the Z95 mag suspension. I want to replace the rear air shock absorber with a shock absorber Nivomat from suspension ZW7. Do such shock absorbers exist? If so, tell me the number?

Last edited:

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ZW7 in later years is not Nivomat, only certain years NBS I want to say be careful what you purchase might end up with a traditional damper.

If you do not replace with another assisted shock than you will need to purchase new coil springs because the spring rate is too low without the assistance of the air ride.

You will also have to purchase a magneride eliminator kit to remove the error message that comes with removing a Z95 component.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Model years 2000-2006 IIRC

^^ This. They are OE for the Premium Smooth Ride (ZW7/G65) RPO code on some NBS's. No telling if they would work or fit on a later model, if that's what's being asked.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are better of sticking with the Z95, like noted above if you change it you have to trick the system and change springs and then you probably need airbag 1000 to boot

OP
OP
kadrovik

kadrovik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
only certain years NBS
what is NBS?

you are better of sticking with the Z95
I don't like her, she's tough. Showed itself very poorly at low temperatures, often breaks

change springs and then you probably need airbag 1000 to boot
not a problem

change springs and then you probably need airbag 1000 to boot
for this, Nivomat is needed, he will do it all himself

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is NBS?

I don't like her, she's tough. Showed itself very poorly at low temperatures, often breaks

not a problem

for this, Nivomat is needed, he will do it all himself
NBS is "new body style" and is in reference to the model years 00-06 also known as GMT800