Help with Double din radio install and appropriate harnesses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Keith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my wife just got me a new pioneer avh2300 nex headunit.

I'm trying to figure out what harnesses I need to get to get it working. She got me a steering wheel control harness and module but I also have Bose and want to retain factory features. I dont use onstar and plan on one day shaving the antenna on the roof. But I want to get everything working asap.

This is the steering wheel control module.

View attachment 212874
Your wife meant well, but she blew it! Send back all those parts and order from Crutchfield.com
You will get the head unit, install kit, custom matched harnesses and detailed instructions. You have access to free telephone help at any time for the life of the product.

More money? Maybe. But isn't your time worth something?

adcmobile

Reaction score
Your wife meant well, but she blew it! Send back all those parts and order from Crutchfield.com
You will get the head unit, install kit, custom matched harnesses and detailed instructions. You have access to free telephone help at any time for the life of the product.

Or maybe something like this that's all plug and play with no adapters or programming needed?: https://www.adcmobile.com/product/dynavin-navi-for-gm-vehicles-gm2007/

Yukon Keith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if a 2009 Yukon Navigation head will fit into a 2008 Yukon? Please, no "I think so" or Probably," I need the definitive answer. Are the harnesses and plugs the same?

Thanks!

Keith

adcmobile

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if a 2009 Yukon Navigation head will fit into a 2008 Yukon? Please, no "I think so" or Probably," I need the definitive answer. Are the harnesses and plugs the same?

Thanks!

Keith
Are you replacing a factory navi in the '08? If not, and are just upgrading, you will need the head unit as well as another plug (X4) that will allow you to bring VSS (vehicle speed sense) input to the unit. However, if you DO NOT have an amp in your '08, give up on doing a factory navi, since you would need to find a VERY rare GM factory navi that does not require an amplifier, and I have only seen a couple in my career.

If you do not have Bose or factory navigation (and even if you do have either since it will plug and play in either non-navi or navi systems), then you may want to take a look at that Dynavin unit I linked to in the earlier post: https://www.adcmobile.com/product/dynavin-navi-for-gm-vehicles-gm2007/, since that does WAY more than factory (2 USB's, Bluetooth, Bluetooth streaming, CD/DVD, Android mirroring, rear camera input with "bendy lines", MUCH better sound quality, etc.) and is plug and play, without having to wire a VSS input and it doesn't need an amp, but gives you 5 volt RCA outputs so you can add them in the future if you want. This system currently WILL NOT work in a Centerpoint system.

If you already have navi and are just replacing the head unit, then it depends on what system the 2009 has - if it's standard Bose in the '09 to standard Bose in the '08 or Centerpoint in the '09 to Centerpoint in the '08, then yes, with VIN unlock from the dealer. If the systems are not identical, then you cannot swap them since a standard Bose unit will not turn on the factory Centerpoint amp and vice versa.

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think she did great. She got the unit fr a hell of a price. I got the harness for a lot less since best buy price matched. I wired everything up myself (which I enjoy doing) so I'm throughly happy.

HeathKy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before I'm currently working 7 days a week 12 hours a day and time isnt something I have alot of. Before Christmas I had a gmc canyon get totaled so I pulled my amp and sub and h.u. out. Yesterday I finally got paid from other drivers insurance. Purchased a 2004 gmc yukon denali (first yukon and I love it). The factory head unit i am not a fan of at all. It has bose, onstar, steering wheel controls, rear entertainment including DVD and radio and I'm sure a few other things to make aftermarket stereo a pain in --- for GM owners. I dont plan using onstar but would like to use Bose, definitely the rear entertainment, and steering wheel. I'm thinking about just putting my jvc double din in for now it's not DVD or touchscreen so I can have my digital media and bluetooth back. If I purchase the PAC RP5-GM11 is that the one everyone is using or is there a better one? Should I just go purchase a new head unit with touch screen or will the one I have be fine for now? I havent made my mind up about installing the 10" sub and amp bc i will have to make new box and then one for canyon was such a pain in arse to build idk if i want to even mess with it lmao. Sorry for long question just need to give a back story i guess.

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before I'm currently working 7 days a week 12 hours a day and time isnt something I have alot of. Before Christmas I had a gmc canyon get totaled so I pulled my amp and sub and h.u. out. Yesterday I finally got paid from other drivers insurance. Purchased a 2004 gmc yukon denali (first yukon and I love it). The factory head unit i am not a fan of at all. It has bose, onstar, steering wheel controls, rear entertainment including DVD and radio and I'm sure a few other things to make aftermarket stereo a pain in --- for GM owners. I dont plan using onstar but would like to use Bose, definitely the rear entertainment, and steering wheel. I'm thinking about just putting my jvc double din in for now it's not DVD or touchscreen so I can have my digital media and bluetooth back. If I purchase the PAC RP5-GM11 is that the one everyone is using or is there a better one? Should I just go purchase a new head unit with touch screen or will the one I have be fine for now? I havent made my mind up about installing the 10" sub and amp bc i will have to make new box and then one for canyon was such a pain in arse to build idk if i want to even mess with it lmao. Sorry for long question just need to give a back story i guess.

I used the pac harness it works great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts