Help with 2014 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mandop86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im having some serious electrical issues or something with 2014 Yukon xl. Abs light flashes then stabilitrak and traction light comes on then goes away either when I come to a complete stop or when I accelerate. Also now every gauge zeros out and dash goes black and all the door locks start unlocking and locking continuously. Acts like the transmission is slipping and revs high and won’t go into next gear. But I know it’s something electrical

E7939A32-5139-4A21-8CEC-B48D36EAEE23.jpeg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many miles on it? Engine 5.3 all stock with the AFM? Fouled/missing park plug will cause all of that. Among other things. Dash going out though. bad ground?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having some serious electrical issues or something with 2014 Yukon xl. Abs light flashes then stabilitrak and traction light comes on then goes away either when I come to a complete stop or when I accelerate. Also now every gauge zeros out and dash goes black and all the door locks start unlocking and locking continuously. Acts like the transmission is slipping and revs high and won’t go into next gear. But I know it’s something electrical

View attachment 345819
You might have bad grounds and or battery cables or the battery itself may need changing. A battery that passes tests and still has a bad cell in it can wreak all kinds of havoc on the electrical system on these trucks. Nice looking truck and welcome to the forum.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Read thru this and look for the grounds problems. Many many many threads on here about electrical gremlins and ground problems causing many things. Especially if you live in an area where there is salt on the roads in winter and the corrosion/rust causes problems.

Or as @89Suburban and @swathdiver said, engine problems, limp in mode and battery cables/battery problems.

Oh, also, welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Knowledgeable folks on this Forum are already giving you advice on what to check out with your issue. All ground connections (battery, engine, and chassis) should be checked and cleaned as needed.

OP
OP
M

mandop86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone I took the truck to my personal mechanic and he performed just a standard inspection of all the grounding and battery connections and cabling and nothing was found. Ended up taking to the dealership and so far they found an “open short” for the air bag system to one of the control modules but after inspecting the harnesses haven’t found anything. They kept it overnight and still waiting for determination of what it can be but might have to take it to GMC if it’s not resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic