Help with '13 Durango R/T random no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy has a 2013 Durango R/T with the 5.7, mileage is approx 70K. About 6 weeks ago his remote start started acting up and not working, same with the push button start. Completely random. He came to me a few weeks after it started to tell me about it and said he was having a local shop look into it. They told him it needed a new starter.

I told him use the key to start it only for a week or two and it worked flawlessly with the key. Whenever he tried to use the FOB it would start to act up. We replaced the batteries in the FOB and same thing. But starts just fine with the key. I told him maybe something with the security system maybe causing some issues because my brother just went through the same thing with his Colorado and that is a known issue for the Colorado's. I am not in any way versed in the Mopars and their quirks since the early 80's because I hate them LOL.

Anyway he made an appointment with the dealer to look into it. And it has been starting flawlessly with the key, until yesterday. Now that's acting up randomly. Just looking for any knowledge or experiences with this rig or stated issues so he doesn't get taken advantage of and ass *****. Tryin to look out for my homie. Thanks.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My moms accord and my grandparents crv did that. Randomly wouldn't start, then magically would. It was the starter. Honda did a recall on them I think. It had no symptoms of a typical starter failure but it seemed to fix the problem. They were both around 50k miles.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My moms accord and my grandparents crv did that. Randomly wouldn't start, then magically would. It was the starter. Honda did a recall on them I think. It had no symptoms of a typical starter failure but it seemed to fix the problem. They were both around 50k miles.
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727