2015 PPV/Help troubleshooting interior lights when opening up the doors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unssafe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have owned this 15 tahoe ppv for about 6 months or so, when I first got the interior lights would come on with the brake pedal being pressed. There were lots of wire bundles under the center section of the dash, all cut but some crimped together. I cut the crimped together wires and it fixed the interior lights coming on with the brake pedal. I don't remember if the lights came on when the door was opened back then. I don't see any switches on/in the door jams. Where's a good place to start? I will try to get pictures posted of the wires.

Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have owned this 15 tahoe ppv for about 6 months or so, when I first got the interior lights would come on with the brake pedal being pressed. There were lots of wire bundles under the center section of the dash, all cut but some crimped together. I cut the crimped together wires and it fixed the interior lights coming on with the brake pedal. I don't remember if the lights came on when the door was opened back then. I don't see any switches on/in the door jams. Where's a good place to start? I will try to get pictures posted of the wires.

Thanks
the interior light switch control is on the roof in front of the mirror, on/door/off
other than that the sensor is inside the door lock actuator (built in)

OP
OP
U

Unssafe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is the center console I built for it. I have the phoenix 12.1 screen in it as well. And that all works well. I'm getting ready to install the 360 degree camera in it and wanted to fix the issue of the interior lighting not coming on with the doors opening.

Thanks!

Fester513

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a 2017 former police. Found that the connector for the over mirror lights was not connected. I think the cops had something else mounted there and after it was removed they stuck that center piece back up but never connected it. Hopefully you will be that lucky to be avle to just connect it.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks
Sounds like the “disco lights” that a lot of the 2015s had. Mine too. You end up replacing the front 2 dome lights to solve it.

you can find more by searching this forum for disco lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17