Help..tell me whats normal please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For it to work on my 2007, I saw my cheating chance here at BoostAutoParts.com https://boostautoparts.com/products/fob?variant=13368373706807

I was wrong to think that it would all go together without problems...turns out that internal boards from boostautoparts fobs dont fit the AJT housing because the circuitry is soldered differently than that of Chevy fobs.
I was able to modify all the parts pretty easily with an exacto blade, JB weld, fingernail clippers and a Dremel tool. Truly a 10 minute job and it all fit. Water proof too as far as I can tell.
I used a little paint for added detail on the buttons.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not going to work with keyless entry though, right?

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what modifications are needed to fit the 07-14's?

A clip here,.....a cut there,......a snip on that,....and a little bit of glue on them right there.....
It would be impossible without a photo tutorial Don, not to mention it would change depending on what functions you have on your fob.

On mine, the "brain" of the board was placed right where AJT had put a "support". In other words It would have crushed the brain or IC circuit of the board if I didn't do a little nip and tuck job....hard to explain...

I know at $80 bucks each when all is said and done is allot $$$ for a fob but I like it so much Im doing it again!....I ordered yet another boostautoparts fob and another AJT case!
So if anyone is interested Ill do a photo story of how I did mine.