Help - tamborine noise at deceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brucemac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2022 Suburban Z71, 8500 miles.

Have noticed a strange sound when I decelerate typically somewhere in the ~10MPH range. It sounds almost like a tamborine type rattle. Hard to pinpoint where it's coming from. It's not super loud, but I can hear it with my windows down, or if I'm passing by something like trees, or a parked car. It disappears if I step on the gas (like after going around a corner) AND if I continue to coast. It lasts for maybe 2-3 seconds and doesn't seem to matter if I'm braking or not, it's speed related and always as I'm slowing to that speed range with my foot off the gas. Any thoughts as to what this could be? Going in soon for my second oil change, so will ask the dealer, but thought I'd post it up here. Thanks in advance and please advise.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a ABS motor engaging... Would have to look at a Volt Guage (a real one) to see if you can see a volt drop, or a ABS scanner to see if a wheel speed sensor is dropping off.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried locking it in M1 and see if the noise repeats. Basically speed up to 20 mph and them coast. Then try 2, 3, 4 and see how that works. I wonder if the trans fluid is a little low and you're hearing cavitation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu