Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mrtahoe42

mrtahoe42

Reaction score
If you purchase a decent aftermarket amp, the needed crossovers will be built into the amp, so no external crossovers will be required. It appears to me that the speakers that you selected are capable of providing sound across the entire sound spectrum.
Guess that's my only option if I want good bass out of them just didn't wanna run all that wire is it anything else I could do if not then o well guess I'll spend all day taking apart my truck ughhhhh what we do for sound lol

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess that's my only option if I want good bass out of them just didn't wanna run all that wire is it anything else I could do if not then o well guess I'll spend all day taking apart my truck ughhhhh what we do for sound lol
These trucks are easy to take apart its getting them back together correctly that takes the time.

OP
OP
mrtahoe42

mrtahoe42

Reaction score
These trucks are easy to take apart its getting them back together correctly that takes the time.
is it a video you can post the link too to show me more about where the amp is and getting to it im new at this always wanted a tahoe just now after 10 years getting one lol

OP
OP
mrtahoe42

mrtahoe42

Reaction score
thank god for this site
is it a video you can post the link too to show me more about where the amp is and getting to it im new at this always wanted a tahoe just now after 10 years getting one lol
thank god for this site or i would be complety lost lol

OP
OP
mrtahoe42

mrtahoe42

Reaction score
not really sure about the model numbers but im sure that they all are over 250 watts i know 2 of the 6.5 are 320w max so you might be on to something thanks alot for that now you think if i bypass the amp i should be ok cause ive seen alot of videos about bypassing it but they never said why they was doing it lol cause ive been doing research on this for like a week but cant pin point my problem so thanks for the insight
Update on what I have...........2 Kenwood 6x9 5 ways 125w rms each in the roof .... 2 pioneer 6 1/2 4 ways 70w rms each in the back doors .....2 Kenwood 6 1/2 3 ways 75 rms each in the front doors

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The only new wiring that you will need to run is a power wire and fuse out to the battery for the new aftermarket amp, and whatever low level connectors (RCA type connectors) that you will need to run from the preamp out of your aftermarket head unit to the preamp in on your aftermarket power amp. Then, you will need to connect the speaker wires currently attached to your OEM amplifier to your aftermarket amplifier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98