Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mrtahoe42

mrtahoe42

Reaction score
The only new wiring that you will need to run is a power wire and fuse out to the battery for the new aftermarket amp, and whatever low level connectors (RCA type connectors) that you will need to run from the preamp out of your aftermarket head unit to the preamp in on your aftermarket power amp. Then, you will need to connect the speaker wires currently attached to your OEM amplifier to your aftermarket amplifier.
Yeah but it just the Hassel of running all that speaker wire to the back

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but it just the Hassel of running all that speaker wire to the back

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by "running all that speaker wire to the back." Aren't all of your existing speakers already connected to the OEM amp through existing speaker wires?

OP
OP
mrtahoe42

mrtahoe42

Reaction score
I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by "running all that speaker wire to the back." Aren't all of your existing speakers already connected to the OEM amp through existing speaker wires?
Yes they are but when I install the aftermarket amp I'm gonna have to run speaker wire to the amp right that I'm gonna Mount in the back of my Tahoe

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes they are but when I install the aftermarket amp I'm gonna have to run speaker wire to the amp right that I'm gonna Mount in the back of my Tahoe

Yes, if you choose to mount it back there. Many folks mount the amp more toward the middle of the truck, or where the OEM amp is located now. But, understood, you need to connect the existing speaker wires to the new amp, and that might involve additional speaker wiring.

OP
OP
mrtahoe42

mrtahoe42

Reaction score
Yes, if you choose to mount it back there. Many folks mount the amp more toward the middle of the truck, or where the OEM amp is located now. But, understood, you need to connect the existing speaker wires to the new amp, and that might involve additional speaker wiring.
hey thanks for that info didnt think of that sounds like a great idea you think anyone has any pics of how its done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts