Help! Please. Driver window, door locks, mirror controls Not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I removed driver door panel to fix the bezel around the control panel. Got it fixed and, plugged everything back in and reinstalled door panel. Now, none of the controls are working. Window and locks work on all other doors. Is there a reset somewhere? Or are the control panel plugs finicky and can look and feel like their seated, but aren't? Anyone? Help!

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the wire harness from the driver's door where it plugs into the dash at the fuse block. I periodically gave this issue with my truck and I've narrowed it down to that plug. If I wiggle that harness or unplug it and plug it back in, everything starts working again.
Also, double check your plugs at the Driver Door Module (window switch) to make sure that they are all firmly plugged in. If none of that works, then there's also the possibility of a broken wire in the door jamb boot. The Drivers door is by far the most used door on the vehicle, and every time that door is opened and closed it stresses the wires. I've seen it happen on tons of vehicles, the wire will actually break but the insulation stays intact. So it's difficult to diagnose a broken wire without a meter or test light.

Mwharrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check the wire harness from the driver's door where it plugs into the dash at the fuse block. I periodically gave this issue with my truck and I've narrowed it down to that plug. If I wiggle that harness or unplug it and plug it back in, everything starts working again.
Also, double check your plugs at the Driver Door Module (window switch) to make sure that they are all firmly plugged in. If none of that works, then there's also the possibility of a broken wire in the door jamb boot. The Drivers door is by far the most used door on the vehicle, and every time that door is opened and closed it stresses the wires. I've seen it happen on tons of vehicles, the wire will actually break but the insulation stays intact. So it's difficult to diagnose a broken wire without a meter or test light.

Mwharrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just tried this on my 2009 Yukon…releasing and reinserted the harness….worked! Thank you.
Now just wondering how often I will be doing this in the future!