HELP! new bfgoodrich KO2 rubbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

pjwinstalls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mileage on shocks greatly differ on how theyre used id guess. As in if someone hauled a camper od say would wear faster then someone who just drives around town.

I had about 90k on mine before i changed they and man i wish in did It sooner. They wore out slowly so i never realized they were basically smoked.

I have bilstein 5100s (ones for a lift) now and theyre great its my 2nd tahoe with them. Many here also use them. Im pretty sure they have ones for non lifted tahoes also.

I have 125,000 miles on them. Which i thought was alot but when i brought to Firestone the other day i specifically asked them to check the suspension and they said everything was good.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No i wouldnt say get rid of it. I meant just for the front. I really dont know much about air ride. Im sure they have something to help with towing though.

OP
OP
P

pjwinstalls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No i wouldnt say get rid of it. I meant just for the front. I really dont know much about air ride. Im sure they have something to help with towing though.
Seems to be rubbing even more in the back so I need to come up for a fix there too.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right. They do make delete kits but idk if thats the best way to go money wise. Hopefully someone that know the air ride system steps in. If you had just a regular set up they make helper bags but idk if they work with the airride system.

OP
OP
P

pjwinstalls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If end up trying new springs, which do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

pjwinstalls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And do you think it’s worth it to have a Chevy service shop look at it?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
If end up trying new springs, which do you recommend?

Are those the stock wheels or wheels from the newer trucks???

As far as auto leveling goes...

You said you replaced the compressor but does the system function correctly???

Does the compressor turn on for a few seconds right after starting the truck???

Do you hear it turn on and level the truck out after loading 6 people into the truck or hooking up to the trailer???

You can get air lift helper bags to install inside the rear springs to help with the added weight.

Not sure why the front would rub worse when loaded or hooked to a trailer as that usually transfers some weight to the rear.

You can heat up the plastic liners with a heat gun and massage them back a little bit where it's rubbing.

I had to do that on my '08 Burb LTZ after the 4/6 drop kit with 275/55/20 on the factory wheels. I retained the auto leveling feature and have the air lift bags installed in the 6" drop spring out back.

OP
OP
P

pjwinstalls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are those the stock wheels or wheels from the newer trucks???

As far as auto leveling goes...

You said you replaced the compressor but does the system function correctly???

Does the compressor turn on for a few seconds right after starting the truck???

Do you hear it turn on and level the truck out after loading 6 people into the truck or hooking up to the trailer???

You can get air lift helper bags to install inside the rear springs to help with the added weight.

Not sure why the front would rub worse when loaded or hooked to a trailer as that usually transfers some weight to the rear.

You can heat up the plastic liners with a heat gun and massage them back a little bit where it's rubbing.

I had to do that on my '08 Burb LTZ after the 4/6 drop kit with 275/55/20 on the factory wheels. I retained the auto leveling feature and have the air lift bags installed in the 6" drop spring out back.

As far as I can tell it’s working properly. It comes on right after starting and comes on again when loading truck with people or trailer. Those are stock wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu