Help Needed in verifying correct VIN in new ECU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonOwner06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Forum -

I have a 2006 Yukon that recently been experiencing a rough idle issue. So after trying to diagnose it myself, I took my vehicle to my local dealership to have the experts diagnose it. I was told I needed a new ECU - which I thought was odd but went ahead with the replacement. Ever since the ECU was replaced, the vehicle now drives really rough, as if the vehicle has no shocks on it and then it reverts to a smooth ride after about 10 minutes. I am concerned the ECU was not flashed with my vehicle's VIN number. Is there a software scan tool that can access the ECU and verify the VIN number? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the rough idle was determined to be caused by the ECU at the stealership.. they replaced ECU, now idle is fine, but the suspension is acting up..? Odd.. I’m going to assume this is a Denali, and has the air ride suspension?

OP
OP
Y

YukonOwner06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the rough idle was determined to be caused by the ECU at the stealership.. they replaced ECU, now idle is fine, but the suspension is acting up..? Odd.. I’m going to assume this is a Denali, and has the air ride suspension?
It is a SLT with the Z55 autoride suspension. Actually, the rough idle was never resolved, so now I have a rough idle and a Yukon that drives like a tank for the first 10 minutes. And yes you are correct, stealership.....

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Forum -

I have a 2006 Yukon that recently been experiencing a rough idle issue. So after trying to diagnose it myself, I took my vehicle to my local dealership to have the experts diagnose it. I was told I needed a new ECU - which I thought was odd but went ahead with the replacement. Ever since the ECU was replaced, the vehicle now drives really rough, as if the vehicle has no shocks on it and then it reverts to a smooth ride after about 10 minutes. I am concerned the ECU was not flashed with my vehicle's VIN number. Is there a software scan tool that can access the ECU and verify the VIN number? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Check the Tech-2 owner's map and see if one of us lives near you. A bi-directional scan tool is essential to getting after this quickly and efficiently.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a SLT with the Z55 autoride suspension. Actually, the rough idle was never resolved, so now I have a rough idle and a Yukon that drives like a tank for the first 10 minutes. And yes you are correct, stealership.....
So, the benefit of using a stealership is that they have to make good on the repairs they make. Because they can get in trouble at corporate, and they also don't want to look bad in their area. Take this back, explain their repair did not fix the problem, and demand more troubleshooting time in lieu of returning the useless part since they will no longer have the old part to reinstall.

Be polite, be professional, and be insistent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518