Help me with part terminology and number, RE: refrigerant pressure switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need the A/C refrigerant pressure switch for my 05 Yukon XL, it's the low pressure one located on the dryer. It seems the terminology of the high pressure and low pressure switches isn't being used consistently across vendors and I'm confused which one is being sold by various vendors. Some are calling it a pressure switch, some are calling it a compressor cycling switch, some call it the AC clutch switch. One vendor says part xyz fits my application but another vendor says it doesn't. I'm at a loss. Why can't they just call it the low-pressure sensor and high-pressure sensor?

What is the proper terminology for each sensor. Can anybody tell me which ones will work on my 05 Yukon XL? I prefer OE part numbers.

OP
OP
C

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, and you can see a schematic blowup of the AC system, and you can find your specific parts.
The parts diagram that show the accumulator doesn't show the sensor. I cannot find any diagrams that show either sensor, they omitted from every diagram I can find. Are you able to find the appropriate diagram?

It's a 2005 Yukon XL SLT 5.3L flex engine

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a pic of my part order for that on RA for my 02. It was called an AC clutch switch, listed under the category shown. I just replaced every component in my ac system. Look under the same category on RA and make sure it says “at accumulator “ or “ accumulator mounted”. The other one ( high pressure) is in the backside of the compressor.CB5C7340-AB38-4EBC-93CB-8E10215789A2.png