Help Me Figure This Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had several GM rear differentials that have done this tight turn ****** and jerk, most notable was a TransAm that would bark the tires when turning it jerked so hard. The Transam was serviced and they DID NOT add the limted slip additive that it has to have. It was a limited slip rear end that required it. I am going to make a guess here based upon my past experience. When the rear differential on your vehicle was serviced they used the limited slip additive in yours which should NOT be used in a G80 which I think is what you have? First check your differential type for G80 code and then I would be checking my differential service ticket very closely. If they did in fact use the limited slip additive in a G80 they need to flush the differential and install proper lubricant without the additive. If that is what is going on you do not have an emergency just get a proper service done ASAP. Independent Shops and Dealership service departments can make mistakes and I think it happens pretty regularly.............. That is just my guess here and what I would do first.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had several GM rear differentials that have done this tight turn ****** and jerk, most notable was a TransAm that would bark the tires when turning it jerked so hard. The Transam was serviced and they DID NOT add the limted slip additive that it has to have. It was a limited slip rear end that required it. I am going to make a guess here based upon my past experience. When the rear differential on your vehicle was serviced they used the limited slip additive in yours which should NOT be used in a G80 which I think is what you have? First check your differential type for G80 code and then I would be checking my differential service ticket very closely. If they did in fact use the limited slip additive in a G80 they need to flush the differential and install proper lubricant without the additive. If that is what is going on you do not have an emergency just get a proper service done ASAP. Independent Shops and Dealership service departments can make mistakes and I think it happens pretty regularly.............. That is just my guess here and what I would do first.
it should run smoothly on a sharp turn

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the fella figured out. strange how posts just die away on here with no resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh