HELP - Issues after battery replacement - HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jgonz17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I have researched for days and tried several of the fixes on the threads I have read and I cant figure out the issue.

I replaced my battery on my 07 Yukon SLT (5.3L RWD) and the radio and rear sensors stopped working after installing the new battery. After doing research I disconnected the negative for over an hour to let the computer reset. I cleaned the terminals and put connected the negative back and now not only does my radio and rear sensors not work but all the gauges on my dash stopped working as well (Lights on dash work). My mechanic and I have checked/replaced every fuse in the car and under the hood and still nothing. I also replaced the starter as it was going bad. I dont know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I have researched for days and tried several of the fixes on the threads I have read and I cant figure out the issue.

I replaced my battery on my 07 Yukon SLT (5.3L RWD) and the radio and rear sensors stopped working after installing the new battery. After doing research I disconnected the negative for over an hour to let the computer reset. I cleaned the terminals and put connected the negative back and now not only does my radio and rear sensors not work but all the gauges on my dash stopped working as well (Lights on dash work). My mechanic and I have checked/replaced every fuse in the car and under the hood and still nothing. I also replaced the starter as it was going bad. I dont know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated.
Steps I would take in your shoes:

1/ Check for codes with a Tech 2 scanner. Scan all modules, not just the ECM. Especially check the BCM.

2/ Take the battery back to the store and ask them to swap it for a new one. If they won't do it, then buy a new one anyway. Just a cheap conventional battery in the correct size will do. I've seen new AGM batteries with internal faults that tested fine but definitely weren't fine.

3/ Replace both the positive and negative battery cables, and clean all grounds in the engine compartment. They are easy to find. The cables on these are known for developing internal corrosion between the strands of wire that eventually renders them unable to carry the current.

OP
OP
J

Jgonz17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you I will look into the cables. The only code that is being thrown is U0140 loss communication with BCM however I confirmed that there is power getting to dash and radio.

OP
OP
J

Jgonz17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: The cluster and radio both got damaged. I took it to a local shop that fixes clusters and they took care of it. Once I reinstalled it, it started working. I also got a used radio on Offerup and when I instaled it also worked. Now I am dealing with the annoying locked message on the radio! Thank you to everyone for your help. I am also replacing the battery cables tomorrow just tp be safe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic