HELP. Intake manifold 4150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zaroch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm upgrading the fuel system in my 1993 GMC Yukon to a comp cams easy EFI system manufacturer states that I need a 4150 intake manifold I cannot find one really is there any particular years or makes and models that would have one that would bolt directly to my Yukon?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Save your money. Your heads aren't good enough for any bigger cam or fuel upgrades. Add a vortec or vortec heads at rebuild time.
Any upgrades now screw up the very limited factory computer, you will likely chase it for weeks trying to make it run right.
You can build a strong vortec headed 350 for well under $2000 all in, or buy one done close to that.
Still determined to add aftermarket injection? You may find what you are looking for at a swap meet or craigslist.

OP
OP
Zaroch

Zaroch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Save your money. Your heads aren't good enough for any bigger cam or fuel upgrades. Add a vortec or vortec heads at rebuild time.
Any upgrades now screw up the very limited factory computer, you will likely chase it for weeks trying to make it run right.
You can build a strong vortec headed 350 for well under $2000 all in, or buy one done close to that.
Still determined to add aftermarket injection? You may find what you are looking for at a swap meet or craigslist.
Three fuel system I'm using has it's own stand alone ecu and it is a plug and play system. I'm buying a new long block for it because the original block is cracked. I've done some research and asked around and from what I've read and heard this system doesn't effect the stock computer and they haven't had any issues with it.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just trying to steer you to most bang for your buck and reliability. Good Luck and keep posting with your build results.

OP
OP
Zaroch

Zaroch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just trying to steer you to most bang for your buck and reliability. Good Luck and keep posting with your build results.
Will do and thank you. I'm not to concerned about bang for buck as it's not my daily and it's a project. I'm building it as an overland rig

OP
OP
Zaroch

Zaroch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you want I can link the fuel system in here so you can take a look

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few criteria for "upgrades". Performance, cost(initial), Economy(fuel), ease of obtaining parts, among others.
As stated in post #2- Heads are the most important part of equation. For a hundred or two$ You can bump compression to nearly 10/1, maybe more, on pump gas with good heads. Really depends on if its a drive it or look at it truck I guess. Run the true numbers for similar builds (multiple Dyno or calculated), and its 75+ horsepower and more efficient. With parts you can get in your town.
I know, everybody does what they want. Thats why we build our own. Keep posting, I'll follow along.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can find the 4150 intake pretty easily..

But bear in mind, for the 4150 intake, you need the L31 heads.

OP
OP
Zaroch

Zaroch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can find the 4150 intake pretty easily..

But bear in mind, for the 4150 intake, you need the L31 heads.
I did find an intake that will fit both the stock head and the fuel system. I found it on Holley and the part number is 8126 I called them just to double check and they said that it should work perfectly for my application https://www.holley.com/products/eng...ureted_intake_manifolds/dual_plane/parts/8126

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011