Help identify leaking part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

threecpete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify this part that coolant is leaking from on my 2005 gmc yukon denali. It's a small fitting on top of the block and it goes to the other side of the engine. Only leaking on one side. I had just replaced the water pump last week so I thought it was that again but it's clearly coming from this fitting. Thanks in advance.

Chris

Attachments

• 20210719_141124.jpg
    20210719_141124.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 8

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you
Can anyone help me identify this part that coolant is leaking from on my 2005 gmc yukon denali. It's a small fitting on top of the block and it goes to the other side of the engine. Only leaking on one side. I had just replaced the water pump last week so I thought it was that again but it's clearly coming from this fitting. Thanks in advance.

Chris
Coolant tube. For future reference found 6.0L manual here. Maybe download before its gone.

http://www.wakeupwatersports.com/6.0 Engine Mechanical L510016.pdf

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
Pressure test that thing? My history tells me whenever I think it’s not a water pump, im wrong. Leaks lower and manages to blow up while driving…
What I’m actually thinking is, does your throttle body have a coolant hose going to it that isn’t dry?

OP
OP
T

threecpete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm not following. It's literally leaking from that fitting so I'm assuming the gasket has failed. There is no evidence of leaking fluid below or above that point. I honestly didn't know a part like that existed so I'm just learning about it

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
I’m saying to check directly above. I’m not positive where the coolant hoses connect to the throttle body in relation to that spot, but if one is wet, it would be of concern

OP
OP
T

threecpete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I gotcha. Yes The pipe runs underneath the throttle body to the other side of the head and then there's a rubber hose that passes through a bracket on the throttle body going to the radiator. That all looks dry. I'm going to attempt to just replace the gasket on that one side. It's not leaking on the other side and I don't feel like removing the alternator to get to it.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your going to want to replace both sides. Thats a hard pipe, thats also very thin walled, and needs to be removed evenly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid