Help! I need somebody! Lol. Whining noise in video.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine the rear diff cover had a small pinhole I assume from rusting over time that had allowed it to slowly seep out so I never just had a massive spot. An expensive lesson for sure.

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep went through this in a Silverado a few years back exact same noise. I saw no mention of carrier bearing replacement. Master kit is like 180 bucks comes with everything. They should have been replaced when doing the pinion. These axle are really not hard to do. Did mine over A weekend

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good. You should have a long life after this service from the axle. So long as it's not abused. Idk what it is about the nbs 10bolt and the obs 10bolt difference other than change in ring gear size but nbs seems to be notorious for pinion bearing failures from the factory. Obs 10 bolts usually go when the g80 has said no more. I wish we could swap in a 14bolt sf 9.5 in our rigs as easy as it is with the obs but with the coil and link suspension it would take a lot of modifications I have abused slot of 14 bolt sf 9.5 axles and have yet to blow one up. Oh well. I believe they come in the 2500 suburban but are rare and very pricey at the junk yard which would leave me with rebuilding the 10 bolt to make it as strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345