Help! I need somebody! Lol. Whining noise in video.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed rear diff fluid and had just a few shavings. Otherwise all looked good and the gears looked clean. I swapped out tie rods because they needed it anyways. Noise is still there. Shouldn’t I have seen issues with the rear fluid or metal if there was a problem? Next is swapping passenger wheel bearing.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I changed rear diff fluid and had just a few shavings. Otherwise all looked good and the gears looked clean. I swapped out tie rods because they needed it anyways. Noise is still there. Shouldn’t I have seen issues with the rear fluid or metal if there was a problem? Next is swapping passenger wheel bearing.
what do you mean by shavings? like if you drilled on some metal type shavings?

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had read when you change the fluid you will have small flakes that attach to the magnet. And I had a very small amount of that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had read when you change the fluid you will have small flakes that attach to the magnet. And I had a very small amount of that.
mine was more of a paste so I was just curious if it was like metal corkscrews or something that wouldn't be good

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No this was kind of a paste consistency stuck to the magnet with fine shavings similar to sharpening a pencil.