HELP fuel system issues!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benn8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 07 tahoe 5.3, it threw out a code for the fuel level sensor so I went ahead and replaced the whole pump, we had issues with accuracy of fuel level so I figured why not just do it.
Ok so! After installation it threw a code for evap pressure p0453 I think. Checked connections and everything was good, gas gauge would randomly drop to nothing but the E light wouldn't come on. A couple days and the code went away. Now my gas gauge is still saying it's on E at random and the light will come on. I'm also having issues with the screen In my cluster being very dim. I have no clue what to try next please help me out
Thankyou!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 07 tahoe 5.3, it threw out a code for the fuel level sensor so I went ahead and replaced the whole pump, we had issues with accuracy of fuel level so I figured why not just do it.
Ok so! After installation it threw a code for evap pressure p0453 I think. Checked connections and everything was good, gas gauge would randomly drop to nothing but the E light wouldn't come on. A couple days and the code went away. Now my gas gauge is still saying it's on E at random and the light will come on. I'm also having issues with the screen In my cluster being very dim. I have no clue what to try next please help me out
Thankyou!

Sounds to me like the problem is with the cluster more so than the fuel gauge sending unit.

Are you having any other strange electrical issues?

How old is your battery?

OP
OP
B

Benn8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the problem is with the cluster more so than the fuel gauge sending unit.

Are you having any other strange electrical issues?

How old is your battery?
No other electrical issues, I spoke to a local company that rebuilds them and the guy said that the year is very uncommon to have that issue, still possible but rare. The battery isn't too old and connections are good and clean
What are the chances of a bad ground?

OP
OP
B

Benn8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No other electrical issues, I spoke to a local company that rebuilds them and the guy said that the year is very uncommon to have that issue, still possible but rare. The battery isn't too old and connections are good and clean
What are the chances of a bad ground?
Company that rebuilds clusters* and says the gas gauge isn't a common issue*

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Company that rebuilds clusters* and says the gas gauge isn't a common issue*

It's a very good possibility that one of your battery cables is corroded inside because that is a pretty common issue with these trucks BUT it's usually accompanied by other electrical gremlins like radio/nav screen shutting off, door locks locking and unlocking on their own, all the gauges dropping to zero like the truck is off, the engine actually shutting off while driving like the whole truck lost power.

To me with the symptoms you described it sounds more like a problem with the cluster or the connection at the cluster. Gas gauge erratic and dim LCD portion that's 2 strikes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy