HELP! Buying a 07 Yukon Denali ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
After it returns from the dealer and oil pressure is resolved. Yea, do it. If it’s dealer serviced by that dealer, get a copy of service records.

07, 08 & 09 don’t have cylinder deactivation and the ones to hit 400k. Hell, offer $3k since it’s friends & family.

Find a recommend diesel truck Indi shop for regular maintenance and service. You won’t get gouged on labor and they know the AWD system.

4 heated leather seats, rear a/c, remote start and the legendary 6.2L GM L92 motor, WIN!

You have the potential to flip the truck to a hungry seller and pocket $5-$7k too.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on all the advice here, it really depends on how bad you need a vehicle, or a vehicle of this size. From your picture, I can see rust in the rocker panel by the rear wheel. Thus tells me that the rest of the body isn't far behind and you could have brake or fuel line corrosion issues to deal with in the future.....which is a crappy job to do.

After working on rust buckets in the Midwest for years, I tend to run from vehicles that are exhibiting the start of rust. Plus, I hate how it looks and the difficulty of fixing it.......because you can never fix it permanently.

My advice would be: IF you NEED a vehicle like this, and this one has a verified maintenance history, it would probably get you by for a reasonable amount of time while still having to put some money in it initially, and potentially on a regular basis.

If you are looking for this type of vehicle and have the ability to wait it out and search other areas, you may find that spending a little more up front for a cleaner, lower mile vehicle will save you money and headaches in the future.

Personally I've had good luck buying used Denalis from OK and CA. No, or very little road salt, and a dryer climate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9