Help! 1999 Chevy Tahoe no start issue!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OMFG. I got the big b**ch started! Plugged my battery back in. Charged it (let it get to 95 percent cause I’m impatient) held it over, it kept cranking, gave her some gas here and there and she started. She has a rough idle. I know I need to drive it to do the relearn for the crankshaft sensor. So that’s what I’m doing now!
Is your check engine light on?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad its running Sammi. Stop and get codes scanned, hopfully by a different person. Trying to verify no P1345 present.Post Codes please.
Spark tester on coil terminal and Distributor coil terminal. That will determine if coil wire or grounds weak if there is a difference between the two.
I posted the wiring diagrams to shut up the guesses. And to help your mechanic.
Next Battery disconnect, Unplug PCM , check clean and dry (Dielectric grease good here) Replug.
If still chasing miss, wiggle wires on ICM while engine running to see if it changes.
Report back.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flooded, Battery loose, Connector Loose somewhere, Lots of reasons. Still could have problem(s).
Watch it closely. Relearn was fast. How do you know its complete?

OP
OP
Sammie859

Sammie859

Reaction score
Glad its running Sammi. Stop and get codes scanned, hopfully by a different person. Trying to verify no P1345 present.Post Codes please.
Spark tester on coil terminal and Distributor coil terminal. That will determine if coil wire or grounds weak if there is a difference between the two.
I posted the wiring diagrams to shut up the guesses. And to help your mechanic.
Next Battery disconnect, Unplug PCM , check clean and dry (Dielectric grease good here) Replug.
If still chasing miss, wiggle wires on ICM while engine running to see if it changes.
Report back.
There’s no check engine light on. Idles good. I did the relearn for the crankshaft sensor. She drove good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan