Hellwig vs Hotchkis sway bars and how hard to install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Excellent response. I have Hotchkis Sway bars on my crew cab front and back, the Escalade, and the front of my 02. None on the rear yet because the narrowed rear end moved the shock locations which causes the say bar to interfere etc..

I did go with Hellwig for the Duramax. Solid heaveier firm setup. Had them powder coated before installation for added protection and the look I settled on for r

View attachment 260526
Just ordered Front and Rear Hellwigs for my 2013 Tahoe. What did it cost to have yours power coated? I like the look. I will give an update on my install

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered Front and Rear Hellwigs for my 2013 Tahoe. What did it cost to have yours power coated? I like the look. I will give an update on my install

You won't be disappointed. I just installed mine and they make a HUGE difference. The front bar is HEAVY, so you may need a jack or a second set of hands to lift and hold it in place, until you have secured the 2 U-brackets.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed. I just installed mine and they make a HUGE difference. The front bar is HEAVY, so you may need a jack or a second set of hands to lift and hold it in place, until you have secured the 2 U-brackets.
I was just looking at the installation instructions and it said that if you have a 6 speed tranny that you will need Spacer Kit 7799 to provide clearance for the tran cooling lines. Did you run into that issue Thanks

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for the big improvement that Hellwig bars deliver. It is the best "seat of the pants" upgrade I have made to my Tahoe.
Thanks for the comment. I had ADDCO bars ordered but the delivery was out in June, so I cancelled them and went with Hellwig.