Hello TYF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

g8gxpmike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello
13 Yukon Denali XL owner ,I’m beginning a site search on Z55 suspension rough riding related issues or help diagnosing It.
Just replaced the tires with Michelin LTX, road forced balanced and front ball joints replaced.
From what I’ve found when the Z55 goes out it fails bad and causes and very tough choppy ride. However I’m NOT getting any service lights.
The truck 91k on it so I’m guessing it’s the suspension. At close to $1100 in parts I wanna make sure I’m looking looking at the right area.
Thanks

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Yes, the electronically-adjusted shocks tend to get firm when they wear out. They're still operating within their designed parameters, so there's no reason for the system computer to throw codes (service lights/messages).

You can replace with OEM or OEM-replacement parts or convert to passive shocks and wire in resistors to keep the warning messages off. It's up to you if you wanna keep the adjustable damping and how much you wanna spend on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts