Hello Tahoe Duramax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New here. First Tahoe, an all black LT Duramax. Really wanted a diesel. Bought it for sticker (a first!) yesterday and drove it home to my tiny garage. Oh, it's a tight fit. Yeah, I measured first and it fits with an inch to spare with the mirrors folded!

I love this turbo diesel.

The diesel option really cinched it for me.

All guidance and advice welcome, please.

Kevin

tahoe in garage.jpg

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
So, Lincoln Logs, eh?

That’s a nice looking Hoe. Word lately has been the diesel production was crippled by manufacturing issues. Did you order yours, or locate it and snap it up?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Secaucus N.J. Kevin! Excellent choice!

OP
OP
CTown Duramax

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, Lincoln Logs, eh?

That’s a nice looking Hoe. Word lately has been the diesel production was crippled by manufacturing issues. Did you order yours, or locate it and snap it up?
Hi, thanks. I located this one about 40 miles away. It had the specs I wanted except 2WD, tho' maybe 4WD is for the best anyway.

I had dealers wanting me to make a "significant" non-refundable deposit to order. I thought that was crooked, asking for a deposit - let alone non-refundable deposit - on an order they could not place. So I found this dealer who had a plain spec LT diesel w no sunroof. I paid sticker and took low-to-moderate trade in value. Not a great deal, but the best I could find going as far as Texas. Everyone who actually had one wanted a "market premium", which I will not pay even though it may not be so outrageous judging from the empty dealer lots.

I like that, "I drive a diesel hoe". I'm a little slow. What's the reference to Lincoln Logs?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New here. First Tahoe, an all black LT Duramax. Really wanted a diesel. Bought it for sticker (a first!) yesterday and drove it home to my tiny garage. Oh, it's a tight fit. Yeah, I measured first and it fits with an inch to spare with the mirrors folded!

I love this turbo diesel.

The diesel option really cinched it for me.

All guidance and advice welcome, please.

Kevin

View attachment 352850
Welcome from Florida! Do keep us posted on how she performs and what are your plans with it?

Lincoln Logs was my favorite growing up, still have them! LOL

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu