Hello, let me introduce myself and my NNBS/GMT900 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the cam bearings just fell out, chances are the holes in the block are now too big and won't hold new Cam bearings.

If they spun out or fell out due to lack of oil you could probably still put new ones in with locktite or pin them in place as others do. If you're going to break the whole thing down and send it back to the machine shop, they will of course make sure all the bores are still square.

https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-37424-Strength-Retainer-6-milliliter/dp/B0002KKTIG

OP
OP
Fleshe

Fleshe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If they spun out or fell out due to lack of oil you could probably still put new ones in with locktite or pin them in place as others do. If you're going to break the whole thing down and send it back to the machine shop, they will of course make sure all the bores are still square.

I've been researching this and I'm sure this is a viable option. But I bit the bullet today and bought a crank and **** rods for my 6.0L iron block. I guess I'm going to have some more torque to manage for the old Tahoe. ;)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fleshe

Fleshe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Def could've been worse. Do they have a guess how it could've happened? Non lubrication?
There a ton of things that could have happened. I covered the new Cam in so much assembly lube that I hope it wasn't a lack of lubrication during startup. I also pre-primed the oil system with the Melling primer kit @70psi and watched it on the HP Tuners data log so I know it wasn't a dry start condition after assembly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man. Your mechanical knowledge so far surpasses mine that I just requested that my wife and daughter refer to me as Simple Jack now. Nice work. I'm sure you'll figure everything out.

OP
OP
Fleshe

Fleshe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tiny update.

I got my pistons back today. Cerakote dry film side skirt coating and 1800f Thermal Top Coating.

I decided to stay with the Gen4 5.3 block since I accidentally ordered the On3 Performance turbo kit for it.

:party36:

Snapchat-473533711~3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne