Hello from Vancouver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jobin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new here, and new to Tahoe/Yukons. I bought one yesterday and runs smooth, but it needs some work in some less essential places. It doesn't have much aftermarket on it other than an amp/sub and some towing equipment. I came here to learn a thing or two as I am just getting into wrenching and am already reading some of the guides to repairs you have posted.

1999 Chevy Tahoe LT

Resized.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Please post more pics of interior and exterior. You might want to also go to ALLDATAdiy.com and join to get all the info you will need to look up while working on your new to you rig.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Kalvin!

I love the look of the GMT 400. Your 99 looks to be in excellent shape and very well maintained.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the other Vancouver, to your south. In any case, welcome from Portland just south of the other Vancouver lol.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

More pics, please.

OP
OP
Jobin

Jobin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

Here are some more pictures of the exterior as of this morning and some interior shots of it the day I got it. Bit of back story, My Dad's colleague's relative died a few months ago and his Tahoe was sitting under a tree outside of the once every 2 week drive his widow did. It was a Delivery truck for their small business in the construction sector. The exterior was beat from being under a tree for so long without being washed and the interior was probably just as beat. There has been some custom work done on it like Audio. Picked it up for cheap as no one in their family wanted it.

I did a wash on the outside and vacuum/carpet cleaned the inside so far. Drying out the interior as we speak and I'm going to see how it all turns out. Maybe i'll need to get something stronger than elbow grease and a shop vac. Will need to do a second exterior wash later as there is stuff in a lot of the creases a wash mitt and a regular hose couldn't get too. Some dings and scratches, but no rusting in the quarters or wheel wells and I don't see the clearcoat fading in any part.

Fluids getting swapped this week.

Some of the problems I've noticed so far, outside of cleaning.
1. Tailgate latch is broken, New on is on the way, tumbler and rods on the inside look to be all there so we are good once I get the handle.
2. AWD Service light is on. The 2x.AWD.4x Switch is broken. It is stuck in AWD mode. I'm hoping it is just the switch, could be the actuator since the 4x side still clicks, just does not swap. Hoping its not anything worse.
3. Power locks only semi work. The motors pull on all the locks, but on the drivers side it doesn't pull it all the way down like 90% of the time.
4. Driver side power window is broken.

3 and 4 might be a switch/electrical issue? Going to and fix as much as I can on my own. Hoping that the custom Audio (looks like they did it at home) didn't mess any of the electrical up in the doors.

No engine lights, Drives smooth, Brakes are strong, Its Auto and shifts smoothly. Going to work on this one bit by bit and try and pick up some new skills.

Thanks for reading.

2.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 20200814_182839.jpg 20200814_182846.jpg

ThomasKelly1952

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new here, and new to Tahoe/Yukons. I bought one yesterday and runs smooth, but it needs some work in some less essential places. It doesn't have much aftermarket on it other than an amp/sub and some towing equipment. I came here to learn a thing or two as I am just getting into wrenching and am already reading some of the guides to repairs you have posted.

1999 Chevy Tahoe LT

View attachment 254875
Hello and welcome. I am also a new member that recently purchased a 2004 Yukon. Hope to get lots of great info on this site.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. I am also a new member that recently purchased a 2004 Yukon. Hope to get lots of great info on this site.

Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Since you have a new rig you are obligated to show pics, inside and out. I am assuming you were born the same year as myself, 1952. The age reflects that.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans