Hello from Fort Worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99TahoeOwner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Glad I found this forum.

I just bought my first Tahoe. It's a 1999 and only has 37,000 miles. It's in virtual showroom condition, no scratches on the outside and no stains or wear on the inside. The previous, and only other, owners were an elderly couple that bought it 20 years ago to travel in. They kept meticulous records--I have receipts from every oil change they ever had done: 4 the first year, 4 the second, 3 the third, 2 the fourth, and none others until their nephew changed the oil and put on new tires last month to get it ready to sell.

It looks great, but I worry that a twenty-year-old Tahoe may have some hidden problems and be in need of some intense TLC. So, I'd appreciate any suggestions on maintenance items that I should perform right away or any known issues that I should be prepared for.

I'm really only a Youtube mechanic, so I look forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

Dan

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome, nice find, post up some pics
my main concern would be getting fluids flushed, coolant, brake fluid, power steering, etc, check over vacuum lines for deterioration, some things may not rear there head until you go to use them after sitting for so long.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Glad I found this forum.

I just bought my first Tahoe. It's a 1999 and only has 37,000 miles. It's in virtual showroom condition, no scratches on the outside and no stains or wear on the inside. The previous, and only other, owners were an elderly couple that bought it 20 years ago to travel in. They kept meticulous records--I have receipts from every oil change they ever had done: 4 the first year, 4 the second, 3 the third, 2 the fourth, and none others until their nephew changed the oil and put on new tires last month to get it ready to sell.

It looks great, but I worry that a twenty-year-old Tahoe may have some hidden problems and be in need of some intense TLC. So, I'd appreciate any suggestions on maintenance items that I should perform right away or any known issues that I should be prepared for.

I'm really only a Youtube mechanic, so I look forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

Dan

Welcome from Miami&NYC Dan! Nice find!

Please post any concerns about your Tahoe in the 99 Section. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos