Heavy Duty Transfer Case?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SparxXx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what I can do to beef up my transfer case? I've been all over the net and can't find anything for HD components for a Gm 246 Case. I'm just shy of 600hp now and got the bug for more power! My weak point is definitely the transfer case now and need to do something before i really mess something up. What would you guys do? swap t-cases?

Mods:
2001 Yukon 4x4 SLT
6 inch RC lift
35 inch BF Goodrich MT tires
5.3 ---> 6.0 conversion
6.0 has to many mods to list
Efan Conversion
Rebuilt 4l60e with Sonnax parts
4.56 gears front and back w/a detroit locker
Atomic's coilover conversion
BlackBear Performance Tune

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Do you plan to come close to abusing the TC with more power off road or just on the street and if just on the street, would you have the transfer case in 4 wheel or just 2 wheel? I would just assume that you can get a kit from a dealer that can be installed that beefs up some of the wear components. Have you contacted Yukon Gear for help?

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pump saver kit is about all that’s out there for the 246 I think. Maybe look at changing over to a 3/4 ton case. I think the input spline count would have to be adapted though because the output spline count on 4L60e and 4L80e are different. Also you might run into driveshaft length issues because I think the actual case size is larger/longer.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
205 Tcase is about the only choice over 500 hp, and even that is questionable for long term. Shock is usually what kills them.