Heavy Duty Tie Rods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmorey67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM I made an attempt on yesterday to install the kryptonight sleeve and tie rod ends. I could not get the sleeve to fit! I’m looking at your previous post where you said that the sleeve covers the adjustment section of the tie rod. Yeah that would be problematic during the alignment. I’m gonna take another stab at it sometime today. I sent the company a message about the sleeve and possibly returning them. I’ll keep you posted.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Kryptonite is what I use for my wheel bearings tie rods and ball joints running 14 wides and 15.50s no issues at all and lifetime warranty on all parts

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM I made an attempt on yesterday to install the kryptonight sleeve and tie rod ends. I could not get the sleeve to fit! I’m looking at your previous post where you said that the sleeve covers the adjustment section of the tie rod. Yeah that would be problematic during the alignment. I’m gonna take another stab at it sometime today. I sent the company a message about the sleeve and possibly returning them. I’ll keep you posted.

I didn't have much issue. It was literally like a long nut. I did however, call their tech support about alignment question. The sleeve covers the provision on the inner tie rod to adjust the alignment. They said was non-issue. I then went to alignment shop to get it aligned and didn't seem to phase them at all. I made mention of the sleeves too.

View attachment 383075Only pic I got of my buddy’s tie rods he put on his 05

I kind of wish I'd bought the whole system from them. Including the cross link. I didn't know they sold / made anything additional to tie rod sleeves. However, I have stock suspension although I do a LOT of wheeling off road..

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I didn't have much issue. It was literally like a long nut. I did however, call their tech support about alignment question. The sleeve covers the provision on the inner tie rod to adjust the alignment. They said was non-issue. I then went to alignment shop to get it aligned and didn't seem to phase them at all. I made mention of the sleeves too.

I kind of wish I'd bought the whole system from them. Including the cross link. I didn't know they sold / made anything additional to tie rod sleeves. However, I have stock suspension although I do a LOT of wheeling off road..
I believe the wheel bearings are rebranded timkens on my Tahoe I got the ac delco inner fabtech outer tie rods with uniball uca kryptonite wheel bearings and lower ball joints just need their sway bar link to top it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods