Heated Steering wheel upgrade for 2010 GMC Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 393622

Was able to hunt one down sooner than I thought! Found a really nice one out of a '14 Tahoe! I have clockspring 25966964 on order, so should have everything I need to give it a go in my '09. This wheel is actually in a little better shape than my current wheel, so that's awesome.
Luckyyyy. I just ordered an Escalade wheel with the wood grain. Seems to be very disliked because there are alot available. It’s going in my work van anyway, I’ll probably be able to clean it better than the leather I suppose.

FatBob

Reaction score
Luckyyyy. I just ordered an Escalade wheel with the wood grain. Seems to be very disliked because there are alot available. It’s going in my work van anyway, I’ll probably be able to clean it better than the leather I suppose.
That was all I could find when I put one ion my 2011 Silverado. The rim is part leather ( a very nice dark brown) and the wood grain part is plastic about 25% of the rim.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Another user in the Escalade forum said the early trucks with heated steering wheels (07,08, 09 ish) did not have the power for heat run through the fuse box. You’ll know if this is the case because a fuse will not slide into the slot later trucks use for the heated wheel.

In the early trucks with the heated wheel the power wire is pink and has an integrated inline fuse. For those purchasing used wheels make sure to locate and test your heated wheel for the correct resistance prior to installing it.

The last thing you’ll want is to purchase a used wheel only to discover it doesn’t heat or only heats on 1/2 after installation. Dorman makes replacement plastic covers that are adjacent to the buttons if they’re trashed. Having the wheel off is the perfect time to replace them. Lastly, the SW control buttons on n Non BT trucks can have the button pads updated to the ones that reflect its for calls vs blank. They come in Cocoa and Black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts