Heated Seats don't come on with remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "new" heated seats won't feel like they heated with the remote start because nobody was sitting in it during the remote start runtime. I thought mine were not working either until I sat in it on a cold morning and did a remote start, they began to heat up after 5-7 mins. Common complaint of the new way they work. Also, they will not get as hot as older models did.

Wow you were right. Took an infrared thermometer to it. 32 before I remote started and it got to 56 but still felt cold to the touch.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "new" heated seats won't feel like they heated with the remote start because nobody was sitting in it during the remote start runtime. I thought mine were not working either until I sat in it on a cold morning and did a remote start, they began to heat up after 5-7 mins. Common complaint of the new way they work. Also, they will not get as hot as older models did.

Can you elaborate? What’s the “new way they work”? I experience this too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heated/cooled seats don’t use electric resistance like “just” heated seats do. They use the Peltier effect, which does not get as hot, or so it seems.