Heat wave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one going to Heat Wave?

Travis County Expo Center , 7311 Decker Ln Austin

Texas Heat Wave is a custom truck, car and audio event held in Austin Texas. This event supplies an opportunity for car enthusiasts to show off their vehicles.

Vehicle registration will be $45 pre-registration (ending July 15th) and gate registration will be $55 starting July 16th through the end of the event.

If you have any questions please contact our office at 512-252-0283. Thank you in advance for your support and participation!

A burnout (also known as a peel out or power brake) is the practice of keeping a vehicle stationary (or close to) and spinning its wheels, causing the tires to heat up and smoke resulting from friction.

The game is easy, rev your engine and drop it into gear. Your tires will spin, burn rubber and, more than likely, pop.

To perform a burnout in a rear wheel drive vehicle the driver has to simultaneously engage the gas and brake pedals. The brake pedal will require modulation, as the goal is to allow the rear tires to spin while holding the car in place with the front wheels remaining motionless. At a certain point of balance, the front brakes will prevent the car from moving forward while the rear brakes will have insufficient grip to keep the wheels from spinning, since engine power is transferred to the rear wheels only.

It is possible to make rear-wheel drive burnouts easier by installing “line locks”, devices which allow fluid pressure on the front brakes to be maintained while releasing the pedal to free the rear brakes. This is especially useful in a manual transmission vehicle, in which it can be quite difficult to manipulate the clutch, brake and gas pedals simultaneously. Line locks also reduce wear to the rear brakes, a common problem otherwise.

Burnouts are most difficult to perform in four-wheel drive and all-wheel drive cars, as they have better traction than FWD or RWD vehicles. It requires significantly more powerful engines to break all four tires loose at the same time, and the tires will spin for only a short while before all four gain traction.

Burnouts eventually became a serious form of competition and entertainment in their own right. Considerable prize money or goods are sometimes involved, and cars may even be sponsored or purpose-built specifically as “burnout cars”. Burnout contests are judged on crowd response, with style and attitude therefore being important factors.

Sign up at main t-shirt booth at event – $10 entry fee and cash prize awarded based on the number of entries.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I could go as I have heard Heatwave is a blast.

OP
OP
timjohnson22

timjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yates just tell Kelderman that my truck is going to be in the show so they can send you down. I was talking to someone at your about taking it to SEMA for a Kelderman Lowering Kit display.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to just tell them that we should have a truck at the show and see if they will pay the way :hmm:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be nice if I can talk them into it.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wifey and I are SEMA bound this year too. :)

Staying at Bellagio.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love to go to heatwave some time!!! Take pics and post them man :)

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
skip this one...
i will be at scrapin the coast though.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
http://heatwaveshow.com/shows/2012-texas-heat-wave/

2012 Texas Heat Wave
Jul 28 - 29
Texas Heat Wave is a custom truck, car and audio event held in Austin Texas. This event supplies an opportunity for car enthusiasts to show off their vehicles.

Check out our lower vehicle pre-registration price of $40 (ending July 22nd). Gate registration will be $55 starting July 23rd through the end of the event.

LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE for INSIDE vehicle registration please contact our office directly for more information. Registration includes vehicle entry into the INSIDE arena event area and 2 weekend wristbands (given at the gate). Vehicles must arrive by 8pm on Friday July 27th to park inside and remain parked until after the awards presentation on Sunday July 29th. If you have a display of any kind please let us know when registering (additional cost may apply).

Spectator tickets are $25 for one day (Saturday OR Sunday) and $30 for weekend (Saturday AND Sunday)

If you have any questions please contact our office at 512-252-0283. Thank you in advance for your support and participation!

Event Schedule
Friday, Jul 27
10:00
AMGates Open for Vendors and Vehicle Registrations
Where: Front Gates

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckner0121

Latest posts