Headliner removal above driver's seat - for leak repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaCoastal18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It seems as though I have a leak above the driver's seat, to the left of the visor. On the outside of where the leak is, is where the front windshield corner and seal from the roof meet. I'm thinking 3M window weld will solve the problem thanks to another post herein. I'd like to seal this area from the inside, and don't want to destroy the headliner tabs! Any help would be appreciated!

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably the shark fin antenna. Start by pulling the overhead console and visor mount. Probably the "A" pillar covers too...

OP
OP
C

CarolinaCoastal18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's probably the shark fin antenna. Start by pulling the overhead console and visor mount. Probably the "A" pillar covers too...

Thanks again! Lol! I did have the antenna replaced about 2months ago.

For pulling down the overhead console area, are there instructions any where? I obviously don't want to break any clips that hold it up. Is is pretty straight forward? I took the drivers side A pillar cover off very easily.

Hemitomcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I just replaced the headliner in my 03 escalade. If you take the middle console, visors, the front window pillars and the middle ones between the front and rear doors, you should have access to everything. Just remember that the rear ones you have to unbolt the pulls to get the trim panel off...

Good Luck
hemitomcat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989